The Norton Rose Fulbright Global Dispute Resolution Group is one of the first choice practices for the complex, high-value international work of global corporations and financial institutions. We have particular expertise in financial services, insurance, energy and infrastructure, construction, and transport (which includes our market-leading shipping and aviation practices).
The entry into force of the Bribery Act will lead to an increase in corruption prosecutions and enforcement actions in the UK, particularly with the UK looking likely to adopt deferred prosecution agreements. This can be expected to be mirrored globally, with countries such as Canada and Australia beginning to demonstrate a heightened appetite for enforcing their anti-corruption laws. The Business Ethics and Anti-Corruption Group at Norton Rose Fulbright LLP is a well-established successful team in this area and continues to develop its capabilities and expand the team and capitalise on opportunities within and outside the group.
• Legal and factual research.
• Electronic document management (structuring folders and sub-folders for matter-centric working in the DMS, setting up and managing deal rooms, setting up and managing data rooms, establishing electronic filing standards in accordance with our firm’s best practice, electronic bibles).
• Hard copy document management, (execution of documents, setting up and managing data rooms, deeds management, bibles, assembling documents for regulatory purposes).
• Assisting in setting up project plans, monitoring and updating plans.
• Assisting in carrying out searches, collating regulatory filings, submissions and reviewing results of searches.
• Attending meetings and minuting/noting actions and following up.
• Collating comments received from the other side/our clients, assisting in carrying amendments through in to documents, and proof reading.
• Such other tasks as may be required.
• Evidence of previous paralegal experience, ideally gained within a City Law Firm.
• Must have LLB Law (or non law) Degree and either passed the CPE, LPC, BVC or LLM or equivalent.
• Experience of working in a fast paced professional services environment.
• Experience across one or more disciplines is desirable.
• High levels of computer literacy and competence.
• Proven forward planning skills and the ability to manage own workload and prioritise workloads effectively.
• Research skills, particularly internet research.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Flexibility and a flexible approach to working hours.
• Excellent personal presentation, articulate and professional.
• Positive, committed and prepared to use initiative and learn.
• Ability to take responsibility.
• Ability to deal with people at all levels.
• Good attention to detail and problem solver.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At Norton Rose Fulbright we value difference and promote a culture of respect for each individual. We encourage workforce diversity in all aspects and at all levels and in doing so create an environment where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill.
NORTON ROSE FULBRIGHT
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global legal practice. We provide the world’s pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3800 lawyers based in over 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.