This event has now taken place. Bookings for 'Meet the Magic Circle in Hong Kong 2023' will open next year.
Join us on Thursday 6 October for a virtual student event featuring the five Magic Circle law firms in Hong Kong: Allen & Overy, Clifford Chance, Freshfields, Linklaters and Slaughter and May.
Between them the firms offer over 60 training contracts each year in Hong Kong, one of the world’s most important financial centres.
We’ll be hearing from lawyers at each of the firms during a panel discussion chaired by a Legal Cheek journalist from 5pm to 6pm HK time (10am to 11am UK time). They will give insights into their working lives, reflect on the key commercial awareness issues affecting their practice areas at a time of change for the world economy and offer advice to students hoping to follow a similar path.
• Agnes Tsang, international capital markets partner at Allen & Overy
• Terry Yang, banking and finance partner at Clifford Chance
• Sarah Su, corporate and M&A partner at Freshfields
• Maggie Ng, banking partner at Linklaters
• Justin Chan, corporate partner at Slaughter and May
After the panel discussion there will be virtual networking until 7pm HK time (12pm UK time) with the speakers, trainees and members of their graduate recruitment teams.
Apply to attend. You’ll be asked to submit two questions for the panel.