Role Specification: Legal Research Assistant to Philip Rainey QC & Michael Walsh, at Tanfield Chambers, London
· Legal research;
· Sorting evidence and preparing chronologies and schedules;
· Legal administrative support;
· Attending conferences and trials.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Philip Rainey QC & Michael Walsh, are looking for a Legal Research Assistant. The role would suit a BPTC or LPC graduate, who is yet to undertake their pupillage.
The focus of the role will be research and drafting in relation to the law of property. This will include research in some closely related fields, such as planning, trusts and company law.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
· A qualifying law degree or GDL;
· a ‘very competent’ or above on the BPTC or equivalent for the LPC.
· Excellent computer skills and a good working understanding of Microsoft Office.
· Working knowledge of the leading legal search engines, especially: Westlaw, LexisNexis and Lawtel
· Ability to conducting legal research;
· Excellent written and oral skills.
· An interest in the law of property;
· Experience working in a professional environment;
· Experience as a legal assistant and/or researcher is desirable.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
· Ability to write concisely and accurately;
· Excellent organisational skills;
· Ability to marshal multiple activities and work under pressure;
· Excellent time management;
· Strong work ethic and ability to work independently;
· Proactive outlook and inclination to show initiative;
· Good interpersonal skills.
Please send a CV with a covering letter explaining why you wish to undertake this role to email@example.com by 4pm on 28 February 2018. Applicants should also enclose a sample of their previous written work. Suggested examples include an: opinion, pleading or research note.
Philip Rainey QC and Michael Walsh are committed to engaging contractors on a fair and equal basis.